Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Another first for us!

I am slowly getting back to regular trips to the store. Today, we attempted Sam's club! I haven't been there yet with Micah and we were getting low on items we usually buy there.

Before we went to Sam's though, we had our classes at the Homeschool Learning Center from 10-12 am and then we met Matt for lunch at Pepperjax.  After we got done eating, we headed back across town to Sam's.

Before we even got into the store though, Micah was awake and wanted to be fed.  I told the girls that we had two options. I could either sit in the car and feed him or I could sit in the food bar area and feed him. The kids voted to stay in the car, so I climbed all the way to the back seat and fed him.  There is not enough room in the driver's seat with the steering wheel and I don't really like to sit in the passenger seat and have people stare at me. 

After I was in the way back seat and was feeding him, I remember a reason why I SHOULD sit in the front seat. Often some little kid (Christian) will sit in the front seat and sometimes when people walk by, they think the kids are in the car all by themselves because they do not see an adult in there with them.  I remember this happening with the other kids.  I didn't notice anybody looking at us weird, but people were pulling in and out around us.  Maybe I will sit in the front seat next time! All the other seats have carseats in them.

We got into Sam's ok, but our first stop was the bathroom for a diaper change for Micah. There was no room in the car to do this and he needed to be changed. This is my first diaper change in a public restroom with him and he did great. Even a few older ladies stopped by and told me how cute he was. :) 

After he was fed and he was changed, it was finally time to get groceries! I had Micah in his car seat in one cart and I had another empty cart for the groceries. It is much more challenging with four children!  I am glad I have older kids to help, but they were actually fighting over who got to push Micah!

We were almost done getting everything when Micah started crying again.  Lately, I have been feeding him on one side and then about 20-30 minutes later, he is ready for the other side.  Right when we were way in the back of the store, Micah decided he was hungry again and let me know it! I told the girls that we are going to go up to the food bar area and feed him and we were not going to check out first! We managed to get both carts up there and I sat and fed the baby. I am getting some practice covering up with a blanket, so I definitely did that! I am not one who will feed the baby in public without covering up!

After he was done eating again, we went and found a checkout and paid for our groceries.  Finally, we were ready to leave the store! I told the girls that this is what most shopping trips will be like for awhile. They will need lots of patience and helpful attitudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment