Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Teaching me right from wrong!

I took my kids shopping today because we needed some warmer clothes for winter and apparently, my kids have been listening to me lately!

1.  We were in the dressing rooms and the kids were trying on clothes.  We were done and we had a pile of clothes that we were not going to get.  I said to Megan, "Just leave them in the dressing room."  She looked at me and said, "No, we are supposed to put them on the rack at the front of the dressing room." So we picked up our piles of clothes and returned them to the rack, just like we are supposed to! 

2.  We were walking out and there was a cart right in the middle of the entry way. Without even being prompted, Megan took the cart and put it away! What a way to take the initiative and put it away without even being told!

These two examples show that our kids are watching and listening to what we are doing! Sometimes I don't do the "right" thing and am just lazy about putting clothes away after trying them or even not returning a cart to a cart corral at a store. My kids are watching and if we want them to do the right thing, then we have to do it too! And it's pretty humbling when they catch you not doing the "right" thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment