Sunday, November 23, 2014

More virus trouble!

We just cannot get rid of this virus at our house. It has been here since September and it needs to go back where it came from!!  We just keep passing it around!

Last week, I had it again, so I went to my doctor and asked if she had anything that could help boost my immune system. Since she is a chiropractor, she cannot give a prescription, which I didn't want anyway!  She gave me some great stuff that had lots of vitamin C and A and some other vitamins and herbs in it. I took quite a bit the first day and by day 2 or 3, my voice was back to normal and I was feeling better!

Right when I was starting to feel better, Christian started getting the sniffles.  If you know him, you know that sniffles usually equals bronchitis. I couldn't give him the pills my doctor had given me, but I had some elderberry extract that she had suggested earlier.  This is also an immune booster and has antiviral properties.  I started giving him this stuff and it did not turn into bronchitis!! He has a runny nose, the sniffles, and we were up overnight giving him albuterol, but I didn't hear him wheezing! Today, he was actually full of energy and seemed kind of wired! So odd! He's supposed to be sick!

Now to get us 100% better and get the virus gone for the rest of winter!! At least I know what works now!

No comments:

Post a Comment