Sunday, July 17, 2011

That could've went better.

We attempted family pictures this afternoon. We had our last one done about a year ago and I'm tired of looking at Christian who was only 3 months old in our current pictures.

I called JCPenney's and had an appointment set for 1:20. I thought thatChristian could nap while we had lunch, we can take pictures, and then we can feed Christian and all would be well! (This is normal for Christian not to eat with us, so don't think I'm starving my child.)

HA HA HA- total backfire!!!

It all went well until we sat down to take pictures. Christian was wide awake and had a little snack, but he discovered that he could run ALL AROUND the portrait studio. We couldn't get him to sit for anything. So that was problem #1. Our other problem was Courtney! She just didn't want to cooperate. From not smiling, to not sitting right, to finally screaming at us! Matt took her out to the car for 15 minutes to calm down.

We ended up taking a half hour break. While Matt was in the car with Courtney, I took Christian back to the food court to get lunch.

About 2:30, we headed back to the portrait studio for round 2.

Round 2 went much better! We got some great shots! Christian still wouldn't sit, but once we gave him a ball and played with him, we caught him for about a second to take the picture.

About 3, we were finally done. It took about 3 minutes to pick out pictures and place my order! I knew exactly what I wanted before I walked in there.

Now we are at home, hopefully we'll have better luck next year. :)

1 comment:

  1. We had a hard time with Zac both the last two years (about 16 months and about 28 months.) We also had problems with his individual pics too. We are going to a friend this year and hopefully get some better pictures.

    ReplyDelete