Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's official...

we're homeschooling next year!

Yikes, what are we getting into???

Matt and I needed to make a decision, so we did. We're going to go for it.

We found some curriculum on ebay that was about $150 cheaper than on the curriculum website, so we bid on it and we got it. Now we have to homeschool!

When I was sitting at the computer watching the auction, Megan was right beside me. When I said, "We won," she got really giggly and gave me a big hug! She wants to homeschool more than anybody!! (ok, besides Matt. I was the last one to really come around. Even Courtney wants to homeschool.)

Now onto filling out the official paperwork and letting her school know that she will not be attending in the fall. This will probably be the hardest part of getting started. For the last three years, we have sent Megan off to school. It will be wierd having her home, but I think it will be a huge blessing too!

Courtney is still going to go to preschool, so that will give us our reason to get up and out the door in the mornings. I am also going to do 4-day lesson plans on everything, so we can take a day off every week or we can catch up on what we didn't get done.

I have all her curriculum picked out and priced. Now to purchase the rest! Megan still wants to take music and art at school though, so we will see how that will work out. We will probably do some homeschool PE classes at Prarie Life too. Other than that, we will see.

I have a lot on the plate for the fall. Homeschooling needs to be priority number one! I am still a member of MOMS Club, but we haven't done much this summer and since Courtney will be in preschool, I'm not sure how much we will do. I will still be attending mom's night out though. :) I am also registered for MOPS at Christ Community again, we'll see if that will work out. They do not have a room for homeschoolers.

I also want to keep my membership at Prarie Life and keep exercising. My thoughts are that I will drop Courtney off at 9 on Monday/ Wed/ Friday and then head over Prarie Life. I could do a class at 9 and then have Megan do some homework in childcare and then at 10, we could sit down in the lobby and do schoolwork. We could also do school work first and then I could do a class at 10. Courtney gets out of preschool at 11:30, so that would be perfect. Christian could hang out with us or go to childcare, which is right around the corner from the lobby. If we don't get done with school at Prarie Life, then we could always finish it up at home in the afternoon with Courtney around.

I told Megan that we need to sit down everyday and do something together. We really don't do that now, but if we're going to be doing schoolwork everyday together, we need to get into that habit. People say that school will take 2-3 hours.

I think it will be a huge change for us around here, but to Matt and I, the benefits can be huge!! We are anxious to teach her science and social studies from a Christian perspective. We are anxious to do bible class with her everyday and see her faith grow! I want to do service projects with our kids. I want the girls to be close and love each other. So many benefits!

Public school has done us good, even though I complained a lot about it. We're going to take this one year at a time and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment