Monday, November 13, 2017

Long Day!

What do you do after a long weekend and then you are up until 3 am with a puking child? And you really don't feel like doing anything? You take a low-key day and recover!!

I honestly did not feel like doing anything today. The bigger kids slept until 9 and that is when we usually start school! By the time everybody got through the showers and ready for the day, it was almost lunch time.

I did get some things accomplished this morning. I got all the suitcases from this weekend put back in the attic and I got the rest of the summer clothes put away.  I think that job is done now! 

I told myself (and the kids) that we were going to have school in the afternoon. Well, we did the minimum.  I went over Megan's English and spelling lesson that I let her get out of last Friday. I had good intentions to keep going, but that didn't happen. Micah fell asleep, and I sat down and read Christian some books. I just didn't have the motivation today to keep going. We were supposed to start something new and it was going to take a lot of explaining, and I just didn't feel like it.

Tomorrow though, we are back at it 100%!!! Nobody is going to keep me up half the night, and I am going to get a full night's sleep!!

I looked at our schedule for the rest of the week,and tomorrow is the only day we will have a full day of school. That is kind of frustrating. (Don't forget that I took most of today off too!)  We will have about 1 1/2 hours for school on Monday, the morning for school on Thursday, and the afternoon for school on Friday.  Then we will be off next Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving.  We are just hitting that busy time of year.

I better get off to bed and get some sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment