Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed!!

Ok, I have to admit. I am having a GREAT time with Christian and his preschool curriculum! We are not doing numbers or letters, I think those will come in time, but we are just having fun! Each week we are reading a different book and doing different activities. This week's book is Caps for Sale.

It is about a peddler who is trying to sell his caps, of which he wears them ALL on his head, but one day, he can't sell any and he decides to take a nap under a tree instead. While he is sleeping, monkeys come and take his caps! He gets very angry at the monkeys, but eventually get his caps back! It is a great book and Christian loves it!  Today, we collected all the hats from around the house and tried to see how many we could stack on our own heads! Even the girls were involved! We laughed pretty hard as they fell off our heads!

Tomorrow, we are going to learn a song. It is called "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" and I am going to use this website for a video.

http://bussongs.com/songs/5-little-monkeys-jumping-on-the-bed.php 

Christian loves to sing, so hopefully he will enjoy it! I think we are then going to sing it ourselves and add in the actions. I may need some help from the girls!

I think we are going to read some Curious George stories on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment