Saturday, July 14, 2018

Side effect of having their own rooms!

I have learned a new side effect of the girls having their own rooms.

They now have room to have friends over for sleep overs!!! I know this is kind of minor, but before, there was no floor space to have any friends over, plus I wanted to wait until the girls were older.

Now, they are having sleepovers almost every week.

We have become pretty close to another family from our church and they have two girls the same age as Megan and Courtney.

Last night, we were at ANOTHER family's house (along with this family from church) and as we were going out the door, the two girls who are always over started begging for a sleepover, since they hadn't had one this week yet!! It was 10 pm!!

My girls came to me and said, "Dad said it was up to you." I just shrugged my shoulders- why can't these girls plan it any earlier?? Courtney took my shoulder shrug and ran off to tell everybody I said yes, which I didn't technically say! They all got excited because they had talked us into it yet AGAIN!

In the meantime, there was this other family who also has 4 older girls (they have 9 kids in all), and they were all standing there. They have also become friends, so I said, "You can't invite one family and not the other family!" I extended the invite to them too.

Guess how many extra girls we brought home last night? 5!!!!

My girls thought it was great because Matt and I both had cars there, so we had extra room.

The 2nd group of girls ran off to get their stuff, and everybody piled into the cars! I asked them where everybody was going to sleep, and they said they would figure it out! I now had 7 girls sleeping at my house (5 friends and 2 of my own!)

I just laugh about it because if I was 11 and 14, this would have been super fun!!

I told the other moms that they will not be in bed before 1:30 am, and they were both fine with it.

I heard them come upstairs around 1:40 am last night! I am not sure what they were doing downstairs, but they were quiet! How can 7 girls be so quiet that I couldn't even hear them upstairs??

Anyway, they are all still sleeping now and will probably sleep until 10 am!!

There are three girls in Megan's room and four girls in Courtney's room. They paired off by age.

How fun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment