Sunday, February 11, 2018

Gotta Love a Good Deal!!

Awhile ago, my oven stopped working properly.  It would not regulate the heat and when I baked something, the oven would just burn it because it just kept getting hotter and hotter.  Matt took the back off and determined it was the computer. After looking online, he saw that we could replace the computer board for $325, which is a little bit less than a new stove. Our stove is over ten years old, so we decided to just buy a new stove.

A couple weeks ago, we went to an appliance store and checked out new stoves.  Matt really wanted me to get a gas or an induction stove, but I really like my flat top. It is super easy to clean and I like the flat surface. I said if "I" am the one using it, I want to get what I want! I did not like the look of the gas stoves and all the grates on the top.

Today we determined that we finally needed to get me a new stove. (I have been baking everything in my microwave because it doubles as a convention oven.)  He really wanted to get an induction oven because they are new, and he thinks they are kind of neat, but they are pretty expensive.  I told him I am ok with a cheap stove; I didn't really want anything fancy.

He had to run into Home. Depot today to get something, and he happened to see a stove, just like what we need, in the clearance section!! It was reduced by about $200 because it was a floor model and had a pretty good dent in the bottom drawer. He called me right away and texted me some pictures. I thought it looked good, so he asked the employees if they would take an extra $30 off to fix the drawer and they said they would. He ended up buying the stove!! And wasn't an expensive, extra-fancy one either! Plain and simple!

He went back to the store with the truck and brought it home and put it in. I cooked on it tonight!

I am anxious to get baking things again in a REAL oven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment