Thursday, February 1, 2018

A dead battery. A new watch.

For the last couple of weeks, the battery in my watch has been dead. I finally decided to stop at Wal.mart yesterday to have it fixed. I didn't know I would be walking away with a brand new watch!

I gave it to the lady across the counter and she was having a hard time getting the back of my watch  off so she could switch the batteries. All of the sudden, it popped off and we heard it go "ping, ping" off of some shelves.  We looked around and we could not find it!! There were two employees there who were looking and I told Christian I would pay him fifty cents if he found it.

After searching for about ten minutes and no luck, one of the employees went over and took a brand new watch off the shelves and decided that I was going to get a new watch! The price tag said $37! (Honestly, this was only fair since they did break my watch!)  They called over a customer service manager to ring it up at the cash register. She asked me if I had a receipt. I said no. I have NO idea when I bought this watch; I have had it quite a few years! She decided that we would do a "no receipt exchange." I would get a new watch and they would take my old one and "damage claim" it. She said, "I hope you don't have any sentimental ties to your old watch." I did not really! Even though Christian wanted to keep it to take it apart, I had to give it back. Wal.Mart probably got some kind of credit for my broken watch. I hope they did!

There are good people out there! Even at Wal.mart!!


No comments:

Post a Comment