Friday, December 23, 2016

Officially on school break!

I had hopes of doing schoolwork all this week. We are not as far as I would like to be, and I thought we could just keep plugging along since we don't have any other activities this week.

HA!! I was soooo wrong!! I should have remembered from the last few year's that the week before Christmas is actually the busiest time for me! I have been out every afternoon to get stuff and was out again last night buying last minute presents.

By Tuesday, I had realized we weren't going to be able to have school all day. I thought we would just have school in the morning, and THEN life hit me. I don't even have time for that!

What did we end up doing this week? Math! And that is it! We got Megan to her midyear final and we got Courtney to the end of chapter 7. She is a chapter short of her midyear final. I figure this was a great place to stop.

As for English, writing, reading, science, history, geography, Bible, well, those can all wait!!

We are going to take next week completely off for my sanity. I have a bedroom that has become a dumping ground the last six months and I need to find the floor again. 

I plan on starting school back up on Monday, January 2nd. These kids don't need 2-3 weeks off like their public school counterparts! I tell them that they go to school half as much as their friends and really don't have it so bad!

So here is to a nice holiday break!! And maybe Micah can work on napping in his crib over break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment