Saturday, September 17, 2016

Braces for Megan :)

I know very well that Megan needs a full set of braces AND another palette expander.

She had a palette expander about a year and a half ago, and it did it's job, but since she has grown so much, she needs another one.

We got an estimate from our current orthodontist over the summer for the price of braces.  Our estimate AFTER insurance was about $3100. Matt and I think this is crazy for braces!!! (The original price was $5400.)

I found out about a month ago that our current one is not "in-network," so I thought I would take her to one that is on our list and see if it would be any cheaper.

This last week, I took her to a different orthodontist. The estimate for this "in network" orthodontist was $2600. His original price was $4800.

That is a $500 difference between the two estimates. They both had the same plan for treatment.

Do I automatically go with the cheaper plan? Or stay with the orthodontist that we know and already did her last palette expander?? And the one who did Courtney's braces?

Matt and I are thinking we got with the cheaper plan!

By the way, a couple of weeks ago, I had taken her to another "in-network" orthodontist and her estimate was $4100 AFTER insurance! NO WAY! Her original price was $6100!!!

On another side note, I asked the place where I took Megan to this week how much it would be for me. I know I need either full braces or invisalign and their estimate was $1800. I would need a consultation to know for sure, but this was their thought. When can I start?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment