Tuesday, July 19, 2016

New Curriculum

I almost have all my books for this coming school year! This last week, I ordered Megan's science book and a friend is letting me borrow one for Courtney and Christian. I have to order Megan's journal yet, but I already have one for Courtney. I plan on the kids doing science independently this year.

I have about six chapter books to order yet for our history curriculum, and then I am set with that!

Fourth and seventh grade English are ready to go along with fifth and seventh grade math. (Courtney is a year ahead in math.)

We will just pick up in spelling from where we left off last May.

I will just keep moving ahead with phonics and math with Christian, so I don't need any new books there. I may get him a book on sight words though.

Speaking of Christian, this boy sat down today and we read "Hop on Pop" together. He read almost all the words in the book. I really thought he was going to give up half way through, but we made it all the way. I love watching him learn how to read!!! It's one of my favorite parts of homeschooling. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment