Friday, February 27, 2015

We did it!!!

We finished all our Sonlight curriculum today!! What an achievement!

Megan and Courtney both finished Core E (Second half of American history) and Sonlight 1st grade science today!!

Megan finished Core E Language Arts and Courtney finished Grade 1 Language Arts.

They should feel very accomplished!! I know I do!!

Sonlight curriculum provides certificates to fill out when we are done. I  copied them off today and gave them to the girls after we finished each subject. I hope they realize all that they have accomplished!

Now onto Core F, which is a cultural study of the Eastern Hemisphere, with Megan and we are going to start Core A with Courtney and Christian.  I think it will be too easy for Courtney and maybe too hard yet for Christian, we will see. I just know that the research portion of core F will be too hard for Courtney. She can still listen to the read alouds and history sections though like she did before.

I decided to skip 2nd grade Sonlight science and just move onto 3rd grade.  I saw a lot of repeat of what we did this last year in 2nd grade science and it didn't look too interesting.  It looked like another year of "general science." For the 3rd grade curriculum,  we are going to be going back to biology, which will include plants and animals, plus some physics towards the end. I think this will be a bigger challenge for the girls.

Megan will also start Language Arts for Core F, which will include another research paper this year.  Courtney will start Grade 2 Language Arts.  I think it is kind of neat because this language arts package is the first one I taught Megan when we pulled her out of public school for 2nd grade. This will be my first time teaching something over again.

I have a lot to get ready this weekend.  I need to get the old books packed away and the new books pulled out. I need to redo the girls' science binders with their activity sheets and start pulling out the new curriculum. I have read through it quite a bit, so I know what is coming, but I just don't feel I have had enough time to fully prepare everything like I would like! I hope we are ready to go on Monday!!

If we aren't ready to go on Monday, our math, English, and spelling will continue to be the same, so they won't be getting out of school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment