Thursday, July 6, 2017

Packing is almost complete!

I am sure glad we had a week or so to get ready for this trip! There are so many more things to get figured out when you are going to be gone for such a long time. Not only do we have to have everything ready to take with us, but we have to have our house ready to sit empty for quite a long time. Matt has six security cameras installed and we have some great neighbors, so hopefully our house will be ok! He is also going to turn the water off, so we shouldn't have a flood while we are gone!

Today was spent doing laundry and getting things into the camper. I want to pack most of our food, but I am having trouble getting it all to fit in our fridge and freezer. I have decided that I need to leave some behind and just buy food as we go. I have about 6 loaves of banana bread that I wanted to take, but that is not going to happen. It just took up too much space in the freezer! I was also going to take some frozen waffles, but again, I needed the space for other things. I am also taking the waffle maker, so if we want waffles, we can make them. :) It just takes a lot longer.

I am also done with laundry too! The poor washer and dryer have been running all day! I have two loads left and then the only clothes dirty are the ones we are wearing! I am going to get all the kids through the shower/ bath tonight, so then we will have dirty towels. I can probably get those all washed before we leave tomorrow.

I also had all the dishes clean and counters cleaned off until I made supper tonight! We are going to make apple crisp tomorrow morning for breakfast (because I don't have any room for the apples in the fridge), so I will need to get everything out of the camper tonight, so I can make that tomorrow morning. And then of course, wash everything and put it back in the camper!

I am hoping to get the living room cleaned up tonight and get all the carpeted areas vacuumed before we leave. I might mop the kitchen floor after they all go to bed! I really want to get as much done tonight as we can.

I told the kids that if we get out at a decent time tomorrow, such as before noon, we could do something in Des Moines tomorrow afternoon. We have reservations there for tomorrow night. I mentioned that maybe we could go to the Iowa Science Center since I have a pass to all the science centers around the country. :)  Of course, Courtney said, "Ugh, is this going to be the vacation of museums??" I responded that when they are free, then we are going to try to go to them! We are then going to head to Illinois to our friends' house on Saturday.

Ok, off to get some more things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment