Tuesday, October 4, 2016

No Braces for awhile...

I think Megan is actually looking forward to getting some braces. I think she is tired of her crooked teeth! She keeps telling me they are getting worse too. :(

Unfortunately, braces won't be happening for awhile.  Matt had a kidney stone last Monday and we had to take him to the ER.  There they gave him some mega-pain killers and did a CT scan.  Luckily it was only 1-2 mm and they said it should pass in the next day or two.

After a terrible afternoon, the stone passed Tuesday morning.  Last Friday, he visited his family doctor to get rechecked and to evaluate the stone.  Thank goodness his kidneys are back to normal!

I had been checking our insurance claims online for about a week. I didn't want to see that ER bill! I finally came through last night. The total bill was $6665!!! But thanks to negotiated rates and insurance, we are going to have to pay about 1/4 of that!!!

That money was supposed to go towards Megan's braces.

At least her braces are not an emergency and we can continue to push them off for a little bit.

Now we have Micah's AND Matt's ER bills to pay!! Who is next??

No comments:

Post a Comment