Monday, December 17, 2018

It's the most stressful time of the year. :)

I haven't blogged in a very long time.

I am just not into it lately. By the time I get done grading homework in the evening, I just want to go to bed, and I don't want to do anything more!

But this week, we are taking a break. This mama needs it.

Most public schools are out on Friday, including the one that Megan attends. If you are a teacher, when do you have time to get things ready for Christmas, which is the following Tuesday??

I really think school districts should give the week before Christmas off, not the week after. I don't need time AFTER Christmas to get things done. I need the week before!!

We are going to do math everyday this week and if that is all we get to, then that is fine. I am not going to push it.

My poor body cannot handle the stress this time of year.  I have already broken out in a rash, had several allergic reactions (one where my throat was tingling), anxiety, rapid heartrate, was short tempered, and the list goes on. My adrenals are working extra hard this holiday season. I can tell when they are burned out for the day because I lose ALL my energy and I just want to sit and do NOTHING!

People tell me to "control my stress." How exactly do I "control" my stress?  My chiropractor told me to exercise and to journal, which helps, but when I am done, the stress comes back.  I just think about what I all need to get done and my heartrate jumps.

The only way I have learned to control it is by eliminating it.  The main thing I eliminated is school.
Today was the first day that I eliminated 95% of our homeschool subjects, and I was not as stressed as I was last week!! I figured I had to do something before my body went into a full-blown revolt!

And since I have very little homework to grade, I can return to my blog. :)

Merry Christmas!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment