Thursday, December 27, 2018

Enjoying vacation!

It is 8:19 am and my children are ALL still sleeping. This is vacation!!! Can you hear the peace and quiet at my house??

We are all ready for a vacation! After working hard at school for four months, we celebrated Christmas.  This was no small task because we had four parties in four days.  It was almost like a marathon!! Yesterday was our first day with nothing to do, and I was exhausted and just wanted to do nothing! To add to it, my feet hurt. :(  I wore my boots for two of our parties and kept them on all day; they aren't exactly gentle to my feet. Then on Christmas Eve, we had a some friends over for dinner, so I spent all day on my feet getting that ready. About 5:00 that night, my feet really started hurting! Luckily by about noon yesterday, they were feeling better, but that was so weird!

As for the next two weeks, we are going to try to get some stuff done around here.

1. Yesterday afternoon the boys and I cleaned their bedroom. Things had gotten out of control in there. :(  We are also looking to buying Christian a loft bed and giving his bed to Micah.  If and when this happens, I don't want a big mess in there!

2.  I also want to get my sitting room cleaned up. This is out of control also!! Megan does her homework in there at my desk, but Matt wants her to move to her room. This means either moving my desk into her room or buying her a new one. She obviously wants a new one!! I also have old curriculum all over the floor that I need to sell or put away for the next kid.

Courtney has also brought all her clothes that don't fit and all her stuffed animals that she doesn't have room for anymore into my sitting room and just dumped them all in a pile. :(

I wanted to do this today, and I may be able to get started, but I signed Courtney up for a basketball clinic today from 12-3, so I need to play taxi driver.  Megan might have clarinet lessons this afternoon, and tonight, and Matt's aunt is taking Megan out for her birthday. Whew!

3.  I also need to get all the Christmas presents put away and the tree taken down. I kind of want to leave my Christmas decorations up though since they are so pretty!

4.  Did I mention I am starting two new curriculums after break? I need to read up on those.  I also need to go through all our homeschooling books and get everything ready for January! Megan is picking up concert band at the local public school (along with her other two classes), so our whole schedule is going to be new! Anybody ready to get up an hour earlier??

I hear children moving around. Time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment