Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Allergy Medicine!

Last night it was about 10:45 and Megan came into our room crying. She had already gotten to bed late, but now she couldn't breathe! She was trying to blow her nose, but as she was saying, everything was "stuck" and she couldn't sleep.

I asked her if she wanted some medicine because honestly, I wanted to sleep too. I don't like giving medicine, but I didn't know how else to remedy the situation.  I found some kids' decongestant and gave her the 2 teaspoons and sent her back to bed.

Then I flipped the bottle over and read the ingredients! I had just given my child everything I have been trying to avoid in our diets! Red dye, blue dye, high fructose corn syrup, and citric acid, just to name a few! 

Where can I get more natural decongestant for kids??

I may need to throw that bottle of decongestant out just like I did the canola oil the other day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment